According to the sheriff, a news crew was shot while reporting on an Orlando woman’s murder, resulting in the death of one crew member and a 9-year-old girl

On Wednesday, a reporter and a photographer from Spectrum News 13 were shot, with one being killed and the other wounded, while covering a homicide in an Orlando neighborhood.

The second shooting took place at 4:05 p.m., after police had already finished investigating the earlier shooting death of a woman in her 20s, according to Orange County Sheriff John Mina’s statement to the press. The alleged shooter targeted the news crew.

“Tragically, one of the news 13 employees has passed,” Mina said. The other one was being treated at the hospital. He did not give their names.

According to Orange County Sheriff John Mina, the alleged shooter, 19-year-old Keith Melvin Moses, entered a house after the attack on the journalists and shot a woman and her 9-year-old daughter, who also died.

Mina stated on Wednesday that the motive for the shootings was unclear, and that Moses was armed with a handgun.

What Mina called a “horrible day for our community and our media partners” began unfolding at 11 a.m., when police got the first call about a woman who’d been shot “and succumbed to her injuries,” he told reporters.

According to Orange County Sheriff John Mina, a call was received by the department at 4:05 p.m. reporting a second shooting at the same location where a homicide took place earlier in the day. Responders found two men, who turned out to be a reporter and photographer from News13 who were on the scene to report on the homicide. They were parked in the exact same spot where the car involved in the morning’s homicide had been.

The suspect, Keith Melvin Moses, allegedly shot them and then entered a nearby home where he shot a woman and her 9-year-old daughter. Unfortunately, the girl passed away, while the woman is currently in critical condition. Sheriff Mina stated that there is no known motive for the shootings. Although Moses was familiar with the woman he allegedly shot in the morning, he had no connection to the reporters or the family he attacked.

The suspect has a criminal record that includes gun charges, aggravated battery, assault with a deadly weapon, burglary, and grand theft charges.

“I want to acknowledge what a horrible day this has been for our community and our media partners,” Mina said. “I work closely with all of you and know many of you and know the very difficult job that you do and also the very important job that you do for our community and for law enforcement.”